|Beavis and Butt-Head|
|Running time||approx. 15-20 minutes|
|Country of origin||USA|
|Original channel||MTV (Seasons 1-8)|
Paramount+ (Seasons 9-present)
|Original run||Pilot episodes: September 22, 1992|
Original series: March 8, 1993
|No. of series||9|
|No. of episodes||222|
Beavis and Butt-Head is an American animated television series created by Mike Judge. It is about two teenagers who are thoughtless people who do a lot of stupid things.
The revival series lasted from October 27, 2011 to December 29, 2011, and continued in reruns until August 2, 2013.
As of 2015, the series' reboot is in limbo; only a single well received season of the reboot was made, due to falling out again with MTV and Viacom, and with Mike Judge looking for a suitable sponsor.
On July 1, 2020, Comedy Central announced they would be renewing it for 2 more seasons. The first of these seasons is set to premiere in August 4, 2022 on Paramount+.
- In 1995, SMV released VHS tapes of Beavis and Butt-Head until Butt-O-Ween and Hard Cash were the final SMV tapes released in 1997.
- In 2002, Paramount Home Entertainment released The History of Beavis and Butt-Head DVD collection, which was quickly recalled.
- In 2002, Time-Life re-released Beavis and Butt-Head VHS Volumes on DVD. The DVD released titles were titled The Best of Beavis and Butt-Head.
- In 2005, Paramount Home Entertainment released Beavis and Butt-Head The Mike Judge Collection Volumes 1, 2, and 3.
- In 2012, Paramount Home Entertainment released episodes from Season 8 titled Mike Judge's Beavis and Butt-Head Vol. 4 on DVD and Blu-ray. This is the first time a cover features Beavis and Butt-Head sitting on a couch Watching TV.